A great opportunity to showcase Sri Lankan products amongst Sri Lankan Canadians living in Canada.
WOMEN IN MANAGEMENT SRI LANKA (WIM)
WIM is committed to empower Sri Lankan career women and women entrepreneurs by providing them with guidance to leadership through furthering their skills and knowledge. Further, it inspires them to achieve their business and personal goals. Furthermore, encourage them to act as conduits to the transformation of the role of women in career and business into a dynamic force. In Sri Lanka together with the World Banks private sector investment arm - International Finance Corporation (IFC) the 8th edition of the "WIM Top 50 Awards" was concluded in August 2018.The Founder Chairperson of WIM Dr. Sulochana Segera commented that "WIM has taken its Awards program to Canada to recognize and award with the prestigious WIM Award to Sri Lankan origin women who have excelled in their field of profession and business in Canada. Further, WIM has launched its Canada chapter in March 2018 to empower Sri Lankan origin women living in Canada to excel in their field of profession and business in Canada".
WIM AWARDS CANADA 2019
WIM has already launched its 2nd edition of the Award program by calling for nominations and will be celebrating it on March 29, 2019 at Grand Cinnamon Banquet and Convention Center, 3895 McNicoll Avenue, Toronto, Canada. The objective of the Award program will be to recognize and reward the outstanding women of Sri Lankan origin who have excelled in their business or professions in Canada.
WIM Representative in Canada, Rienzie Martinesz said "We had a very successful Award program and an Awards ceremony in 2017/2018. We had an amazing response from people congratulating WIM for the initiative taken. We received quality nominations. We also saw people demonstrating their commitment to be a part of this unique and fruitful program. We had 52 nominations last time and 37 were chosen as winners by the judges and they became the recipients of the prestigious WIM Award. It was a proud moment for us to get to know 37 Sri Lankan origin women who have excelled in their professions and businesses in Canada. It is certainly an aspiration to younger and other women living in Canada. It is a great opportunity to showcase Sri Lankan products amongst Sri Lankan Canadians living in Canada."
This Award program has now become the "talk of the town" amongst the Sri Lankan origins living in Canada. If any organization or a brand associating with this event will certainly get a greater exposure amongst the 400,000+ Sri Lankan origins (20,000+ households) living in Canada.
Mr. Martinesz added "We will provide the following marketing and brand exposure opportunities for our valued sponsors."
- Brand mention in all leading national newspapers in all three languages, national TV, Social media TV, Email communication to over 15,000 HNW clients, Banner ads in leading web sites reaching the Sri Lankan reaching the Sri Lankan origins living media and communication
- Company Logo on the Backdrop, under the title of Gold Sponsor
- To play 2 minutes video opportunity
- Placement of Two pull up banners at the event
- Distribution of leaflets or any promotional material
- Two Direct mail opportunities to the attendees & award winners
- Invitation to participate in presentation of 3 Award Categories
Investment - LKR 500,000
There are two broad categories for women professionals and women entrepreneurs to apply. There are also special category Awards to be chosen by a distinguished panel of judges headed by Dr. Rohantha Athukorale.
- Best Woman in Human Resources Management
- Best Woman in Finance Management
- Best Woman in Marketing & Advertising Management
- Best Woman in Information Technology Management
- Best Woman in Banking
- Best Woman in Legal - General Practice
- Best Woman in Legal - Real Estate
- Best Woman in State & Government Sector
- Best Woman in Real Estate & Investment
- Best Woman in Media & Communications Management
- Best Woman in Hotel, Hospitality & Food Services Management
- Best Woman in Medical - General Practitioner
- Best Woman in Medical - Dental Practitioner
- Best Woman in Medical - Psychologists
- Best Woman in Research Scientists
- Best Woman in Education
- Best Woman in Immigration Consultation
- Best Woman Architect
- Best Woman in Logistics & Freight Forwarding Management
- Best Woman in Engineering
- Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur
- Best Woman Importer from Sri Lanka
- Upcoming Woman Entrepreneur
- Upcoming Young Woman Leader
- Best CSR Program run by a Woman
- Best Corporate Leader of the Year
- Business Role Model of the Year
- Inspirational Woman of the Year
- Woman of the Year
JKH Properties PVT Ltd
This initiative is powered by JKH Properties - John Keells Group, Sri Lanka. And supported by Canada Sri Lanka Association, Tri-Zen, Grace Canada and Riyaz Rauf.